Asa Complete G1000 Training
Asa Complete G1000 Course
Interactive software! A computer-based tutorial to flying a G1000-equipped airplane.
The Complete G1000 Course helps pilots transition from conventional "round dials" to the Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA) glass cockpit environment. This 4-hour, narrated, computer-based tutorial will help you become proficient in operating the Garmin G1000 PFD, MFD, and audio panel from the safety and privacy of your computer without the expense of running up the Hobbs.
This interactive software provides an orientation to the screens, knobs and buttons, to help you understand how to properly operate the system, interpret malfunctions, and achieve an effective scan.
Applicable to both VFR and IFR operations and all aircraft installations of the G1000, and is PC and Mac compatible.Course Contents:
- Introduction to FITS and TAA; System Overview and Line Replaceable Units; Knob, Button, and Control Functions; Powering up the G1000; Primary Flight Display (PFD); Crew Alerting System; Transponder; Audio Panel; Engine Indicators and Management; Multi-Function Display (MFD); Flight Planning; Autopilot Integration; Instrument Procedures; Emergency Management.
- Windows compatible processor, 800 MHz or faster Windows (2000 & XP), 1.0 GHz or faster (Vista & Windows 7);
Macintosh computer with PowerPC G3, G4, G5, or Intel processor, OS X Tiger (10.4),
- 256 MB System RAM (Win2000/XP), 512 MB (Vista), 1024 MB (Win 7);
256 MB RAM. OS X Leopard (10.5), 512 MB RAM. OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), 1024 MB RAM,
- 1024 x 768 minimum screen resolution,
- CD-ROM drive,
- mouse or other compatible pointing device,
- QuickTime v6 or later (included on the CD);
Vista and Windows 7 systems require QuickTime v7 or later,
QuickTime 7 is available as a free download via the internet.